Sunday, April 19, 2015

Day 107 and 108: 17 and 18 April 2015

Why Hey There Everyone,

I apologize for this post being a little late but if you have read my previous ones you know that I have been working all week on a big paper and I’ve been so tired that I haven’t had the chance to blog everyday like I would like too. So without further ado, let me tell you about my Friday and Saturday!

So Friday I had to give a persuasive speech to my public speaking class and the topic I chose was persuading them to join a Greek organization, since I have been in a sorority for 4 years it wasn’t difficult to talk about. My speech went well and overall I was very happy with it, and then after my speech I came back to my apartment and I packed my bag for the weekend. Then I went to lunch and I went to class before I made my way home for the weekend. I was alone at my house because my family had gone to Richmond to see my sister get inducted into an honor society and I opted out of going because I knew I wouldn’t be home in time to go. Not that I wanted to go anyway because I’m still really mad at my sister for being rude to me at my induction. Then I proceeded to fall asleep on my couch for 3 hours and woke back up around 7:30. Then I made myself some pizza and watched The Fault in Our Stars before the entire family got home including my sister. I didn’t speak to her because I wanted her to know how it felt to be treated the way she treated me. After a few hours of them being there I managed to make my sister upset and she practically ran out of my house with her husband and daughter. After that I finished watching the movie I was watching and went to bed.

The next day I went to Zumba with my mom and my sister was there and didn’t speak to me, not that I cared. The class itself was intense and I was sweating bullets but I felt great afterwards. Then as we were grabbing our stuff to leave my mom tried to get my sister and I to talk and I said I didn’t want to talk about it in public because I didn’t feel it was appropriate to talk about our issues in front of a bunch of strangers. That wasn’t good enough for my mom so she told my sister why I was upset and before my mom could finish speaking my sister ran out of the room to her car and raced to her house. My mom followed her because she had some stuff for her daughter in the backseat that my sister had left at our house. Then at my sister’s house she screamed and yelled at my mom before she kicked her out of the house. So my mom proceeded to cry on the way home from Zumba and I was too upset to say anything so as soon as we got home I went and took a shower. The shower helped calm me down and by the time I was done getting ready for the day I was feeling much better. After my mom got a shower she took my shopping to get an outfit for my interview and she ended up getting me a 2 blouses, a pair of pants, a skirt, a blazer, a pair of shoes, and a dress. It was quite a successful shopping day. Then we went to chick-fil-a for lunch before going to Walmart to go grocery shopping. After that we made dinner and I popped open a bottle of wine and we made BBQ chicken and roasted potatoes. Then later that evening we watched Saving Mr. Banks before going to bed.

Overall it was an interesting few days and I am glad they are over!


Thanks for reading xoxo Lashleigh  

No comments:

Post a Comment