Sunday, February 22, 2015

Day Fifty Three: 22 February 2015

Hey There Wonderful People,

I hope everyone has had an amazing Sunday! Today has been less busy than yesterday was thankfully. I woke up this morning with plenty of time to get ready and because I knew that I had dinner plans tonight I made sure to make myself look great so I wouldn’t have to redo my hair and makeup later.

I spent a little extra time getting ready this morning to make sure that my look lasted all day. I started off my day with my Shine Shine Go Away cleanser by Olay. Once I washed my face, I brushed my teeth with my singing toothbrush that I like to keep at home so I don’t have to carry a toothbrush with me every weekend. I used my Colgate Total Advanced Whitening toothpaste and then I flossed my teeth before I was all done in the bathroom. I made my way into my bedroom where I have a vanity and a nice light set up to do my hair and makeup. I plugged in my curing iron, and while that was heating up I sprayed my hair with heat protectant to protect my colored hair from damage. I bushed it through my hair and by that point my curling iron was heated up. I sectioned my hair into two sectioned and pinned the top section up to get it out of the way while I curled the bottom half of my hair. As I finished the bottom layer I sprayed it with the Toni&Guy casual hold hairspray. I am absolutely obsessed with this hairspray right now. It is a flexible hold so it helps keep my curls in place while still allowing them to be bouncy and natural looking. Then after the bottom layer was done I curled the top layer and finished it off with more hairspray. Then I don’t touch my hair while I do my makeup that way it has time to rest.

I started my makeup routine and I kept it fairly simple because I don’t like to do anything crazy especially if I’m not doing anything that warrants a more adventurous look. I started by priming my face with my Maybelline baby face primer. I love this primer because it goes on really smooth and it helps to minimize any pores that will show through my makeup. Then once that is done I use my Covergirl concealer in the number 105, which is the lightest shade they have. I don’t wear foundation because it feels too heavy on my skin and I can never find the perfect shade for me because I’m so pale. After I blend that in with my beauty blender I use my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in the shade 001 Transparent. This is perfect for my oily skin, it helps to keep me shine free all day. Then I used my Benefit Hoola bronzer to contour my cheeks and the Benefit Nirvana blush. Then I added my Toofaced candlelit highlighter duo to highlight the tops of my cheeks and I used it to highlight my brow bone and my inner eye. Then I moved onto my eyes. I used MAC’s eye shadow Omega to fill in my brows. Then I used MAC’s eye shadows in vanilla on my eyelid and charcoal brown in my crease to contour my eye. Then I used my Maybelline gel eyeliner in espresso and winged the liner on my eyes. Then to finish my look I used my Toofaced Better Than Sex Mascara. This is my absolute favorite mascara at the moment, I just love how light it feels, and it’s not clumpy or flaky. Once that was all done I ran my fingers through my hair to make it all come together and after that I got dressed and I was ready to go.

I packed my bag like I do every Sunday morning and made my way downstairs. I had lunch with my mom before it was time for me to head back to school. I grabbed some Starbucks on my way out of town and got back to school in about an hour and 10 minutes.  Once back at school I unpacked my bag and started working on some homework that needed to be done since I didn’t do it over the weekend. Then around 5:30 I changed my outfit to something a bit dressier for the Dean’s List dinner that I was going to be attending. I wore a pair of black slacks, a white button down shirt and a pair of black heels. To add a pop of color I used my Revlon ColorBurst Lip Lacquer in the color Whimsical which is a gorgeous purple color. Then I went to the dinner with Sarah and the food was awful and overcooked… so that was a disappointment.

After dinner we ran to Food Lion because I needed to stock up for the week since I am out of everything, mainly we just needed coffee creamer because Sarah and I don’t function without coffee. Then after that we came back to the apartment where we have been doing homework since 8:30. It’s been a long day and I’m exhausted and ready for bed. I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow and Tuesday is going to be a long one too. As long as I can make it to Wednesday night I’m good!

I will see y’all later and I hope you have a good Monday!


Thanks for reading xoxo Lashleigh 

No comments:

Post a Comment