Friday, February 27, 2015

Day Fifty Six, Fifty Seven, and Fifty Eight: 25, 26, & 27 February 2015

Hey there lovely people of the internet,

So I hate it when I have to combine three days into one post but unfortunately the last few days have been ridiculous and I haven’t had the time to sit down and blog for y’all so I apologize. A lot has happened over the last few days.

Let’s start with Wednesday. Wednesday was a very busy day for me, I had a lot of work to do and not enough time to do it in. I have several assignments that all required my attention because they were due the next day. The entire week in general was full of presentations and papers, and assignments that I barely had any time to breathe. I had to make a PowerPoint presentation for my health class, do review questions for my entrepreneurship class, and I had to read a chapter from my leadership textbook and take notes on it. I made the presentation while at work and it ended up being 14 slides long which is ridiculous it was all about addiction and the different types of addiction. Then I quickly finished my other homework, well as quickly as I could. Then once I was finally done I took a much deserved break and watched Beauty and the Beast while drinking a glass of wine. Sarah and I ended up watching Cinderella and Hercules too. I haven’t seen any of those movies in so long, and I related everything in Beauty and the Beast to my life. I am slightly obsessed with that movie at the moment and all I want to do is watch it again and again. I wish I had it on DVD because that is exactly what I would be doing right now! Belle is me to a T whether I want to admit it or not. She wants something more than the life she has, and she wants to travel and leave home. Then there is the fact that she is too nice for her own good, and she loves books. I’m a huge bookworm and I am constantly reading something when I have free time. I often read before bed because it helps me unwind. She is me and I’m glad I have finally realized it. Also on Wednesday my ex-boyfriend and I finally moved past what happened between us and became friends again. I still care about him and love him more than anything but I realize we both have things we need to work on within ourselves before we can even think about being in a relationship. We are going to be friends because we are much happier when the other person is in our lives and if something happens down the road between us again then that’s awesome but if not then that’s okay. Everything happens for a reason, I just know that I need him in my life one way or another!

This brings me to Thursday. Wednesday night we got about a foot of snow, so thankfully classes were cancelled on Thursday and Sarah and I were able to stay in our pjs all day and watch Supernatural. We started on episode 1 of season 7 and by the time we went to bed were had just finished episode 17 of season 7. It was ridiculous, so much Supernatural in a short amount of time. I spent most of the day texting my ex because he also had a day off so we were able to catch up and talk about what had been going on in our lives since we last spoke. I was able to convince him to watch Supernatural so I hope he likes it because if not I’m going to feel really bad. I’m sure he will though as he pointed out I know him better than anyone. While watching Supernatural, my mom texted me about an internship she had heard about through my dad’s employer and it would be in my field of study. The applications would be accepted next week and that it would be an 8 week paid internship and I would be working 40 hours a week at 18 dollars an hour. I was so excited about it and I immediately got to work on getting everything together that I would need to apply. Then that night I downloaded some new books onto my tablet so I would have something new to read. I downloaded Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks, and Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I fell asleep browsing the google play library trying to find more books.

That brings us to today! Happy Friday everyone! So today was a fairly easier day, I only had one class because my other class was cancelled. So I had plenty of extra time to get ready this morning. I ended up curling my hair using my NuMe reverse wand to do some tighter curls that I normally do. Then for my makeup I used my benefit stay flawless primer to start off with then I used my CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous concealer in the lightest shade they have. Then I used Urban Decay’s the Naked 2 palette eye shadow in the color “Half Baked” on my lid and along my lower lash line. Then I used MAC’s “Charcoal Brown” and “Mystery” eye shadows in my crease and I blended them along my lower lash line as well. Then I lined my eyes with Maybelline gel liner in the color “Charcoal”. Then I used my TooFaced Better Than Sex mascara which is my favorite mascara and I wear it every day. Then after that I used my Rimmel Stay Matte powder in “transparent” then I used my Benefit “Hoola” bronzer and “Hervana” blush. Then for highlight I used TooFaced Chandelier Duo. Then lastly I used my NYX lip gloss in the color “Beige” which is a lovely neutral pink color. For my outfit I wore my dark wash skinny jeans from Old Navy, a big slouchy sweater from JC Penny’s, and my brown ankle boots also from JC Penny’s. Then once I was ready I went to lunch with Sarah like I do every Friday. After lunch I suffered through my only class of the day and then once that was done I made my way home.

Once in town I went to Total Wine just like last week and bought two more bottles of my favorite wine called Stella Rosa, it’s fantastic. Then after that I went to Ulta to look for a cleanser that I thought they might have, which unfortunately they didn’t have it but I did pick up a can of my Toni&Guy hairspray, a new concealer, and some hair dye. I didn’t spend too much time there because if I do then I end up spending way too much money. Then I made my way home and got right to work on building my resume for the internship application. I downloaded a resume builder to my laptop and spent a couple of hours making it perfect. Then by the time I was satisfied with it my sister and her husband and daughter came over for dinner. My mom made Tacos and we all ate and I opened my wine. Then my friend Leanne came over and she helped me dye my hair and it is now a golden honey color which isn’t exactly what I wanted but it is pretty on me so I will work it like I do every other hair color I end up with. Then once we were done with that it was family game night and even though Leanne and I joined in late we still ended up catching up to everyone and we didn’t come in last which was nice. Which brings me to now where I am laying on my bed typing this post while listening to Beauty and the Beast in the background.

I am exhausted at this point and im going to end this here and go to bed! I hope y’all have had a wonderful week and I will see y’all tomorrow!


Thanks for reading xoxo Lashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment