Thursday, March 26, 2015

Day Eighty Three and Eighty Four: 24 and 25 March 2015

Hello awesome people,

I hope y’all have had a good week so far, sorry I didn’t post last night but I was exhausted and I had a lot of homework that needed to get done! So this post will be about Tuesday and Wednesday, and tomorrow I will post about Thursday and Friday. Without further delay let’s get too it.

Tuesday was a fairly laid back day, I didn’t have any classes because it was advising day here at school. Probably a good thing I didn’t have class or I would’ve been a zombie because I was up really late skyping a very good friend of mine. He and I stayed on the phone/computer/ipad until 6am when we both finally started to pass out. My appointment with my adviser was at 10:30 so I didn’t get as much sleep as I needed but I powered through the lack of sleep. When I got to my appointment I had to wait a little bit because she was meeting with another student. I used that time to talk to her secretary who is a very nice woman and we talked about a variety of topics and she told me about her dad and his love of cake. It was great hearing her stories. After she finished talking about her dad and his love of cake my advisor was ready for me. During my appointment she gave me a list of all of the classes I needed to graduate and I could’ve literally cried right there because she planned out my last two semesters and I only have to take 15 credits my last two semesters. I have been taking 18-20 the last few semesters and I was so excited about only have 5 classes. I thought I was going to have to take more than that and I couldn’t contain my joy, as soon as I left my appointment I had to call my mom and tell her the good news! Once I got off the phone with my mom I made my way back to my apartment and I had only a little bit of time before I had to go to work at 1. So I spent my time hanging out with my roommates, and then I went to work and Sarah joined me and we just hung out and talked for the 2 hours I was stuck at work. Then after work it was time for me to get my homework done. I sat down at my computer and I attempted to do my work but I ended up almost falling asleep on my computer before Sarah woke me up and told me to go to bed and take a nap. I just nodded and propelled myself onto my bed where I collapsed almost immediately and fell asleep for 2 hours. It was a glorious nap and I hadn’t of taken it I’m pretty sure I would’ve died. After my nap I felt much better and I made myself some dinner before taking a nice long hot shower. Once all of that was done I finally got started on my homework. I ended up doing homework for hours, and I even did some during commercials the while I was watching 19 Kids and Counting with Sarah. Thankfully by midnight I was done and I could go back to bed, and it didn’t take long for me to pass out again.

Then on Wednesday I had all of my classes as usual, and I ended up going to a lecture about budgeting and finance that was optional for all students. I learned a lot and hopefully I will remember those things when I graduate from university. After that I made my way to lunch with Sarah and then I went to class. The only different about this Wednesday was that instead of going to work I met my family at Applebee’s for dinner because I was getting inducted into the business honor society at school, and they all came down to watch the ceremony. My family was running late as usual so Sarah and I got to the restaurant way before they did so we ordered ourselves some margaritas and an appetizer and waited for them. We were just finishing our chicken wings when the showed up. It wasn’t just my mom and dad, but my sister her husband and daughter along with my grandmother showed up. It was a lot of people, and my sister as usual was rude to me and we barely spoke to each other. Honestly I have no idea why she even came in the first place. Before everyone was done with dinner I had to head out because I had to be at the venue early because I was being inducted. Sarah saved everyone seats and I got to sit in the front row. The ceremony was fairly quick and we were done with all the recognitions and awards after an hour. There was a small reception afterwards and they had cake and water for those who wanted it. During that time we took pictures and I introduced my mom to my advisor who is also the dean on the business school, and a few of my professors. Overall it was a good event, then after that my family left and Sarah and I went back to our apartment. We made it back with plenty of time before Supernatural was coming on! We watched the new episode while we ate on our left over food from dinner and I refused to do any homework during then. After wards however I still had to work on part one of a big project I’ve been working on. Luckily I got it done and turned in before midnight and then it was bed time because after those two days I was exhausted!

I hope y’all have a great rest of the week!

Thanks for reading xoxo Lashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment