Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Day Seventy Five and Seventy Six: 16 and 17 March 2015

Top of the Evening to you all! And Happy St. Patty’s Day!

As you may not know I am at least 1/3 Irish so St. Patrick’s Day is always a fun day for me. I love all of the green and watching people get all dressed up and drink way too much green beer is always super fun to see. Plus I hardly ever wear green, but I tell people that if you pinch an Irish person on St. Patrick’s Day then you get punched, and that is exactly what I do. This year however wasn’t as fun as previous years, but I will get to that in a minute.

Yesterday was the first Monday back after Spring Break, and it was a tough day to get through… I had three classes, work, and grocery shopping to do. I started off my morning as I usually do by waking up earlier than my body would like and then making myself look presentable for 2 hours. Between all of the zoning out and playing on my phone it normally takes that long even though it should only take me an hour… So once I was done I made my way to my first class of the day all while texting the guy I really like. I’m not going to go into much detail here because I want it to be kept private for now. After that class was over I came back to my apartment and I messed around on my computer for about an hour before it was time to meet Sarah for lunch like I do every day. We had a good lunch and talked about our plans for later on that evening. Then I had two classes that were extremely boring and I barely paid attention… I know I’m a bad student sometimes… but my grades make up for my lack in attention. After classes I went to work for a few hours and got my homework done so I wouldn’t have to worry about it later. Then once I was done with work I went with Sarah to the grocery store because we were seriously lacking in the food department. I got pizzas, healthy rice meals, some yogurt, sugar, and coffee creamer. Then we managed to bring everything upstairs in one trip, and right before I went to take a shower I popped a pizza into the oven for dinner because I was starving! I took a quick shower and I was done before the pizza was out of the oven! I sliced up the pizza and the devoured about half of it because I had hardly eaten anything all day, then after dinner I curled Sarah’s hair while we watched movies. Overall it wasn’t a bad Monday.

Then there was today, good ole St. Patrick’s Day. Today was a better Tuesday than most because my 8am class was cancelled so I was able to sleep a little later than usual. I had a lot of extra time to get ready this morning and it gave me time to do Sarah’s makeup because today she got inducted into an honor society at school. I was able to slowly get ready and drink my coffee before having to go to my class at 9:30, and today was really warm outside so I was able to wear a short sleeve shirt and sandals! It was really exciting! On my way to my first class of the time I was reminded by my timehop app about what I was doing on this day last year, and it made me sad because this time last year I had an amazing boyfriend and we were going out and celebrating being together for 6 months. It really showed me how much can change in a short amount of time, but it’s alright, everything happens for a reason. After that my classes flew by and before I knew it I was sitting at work playing games on my computer. While at work one of my friends, Courtney, used my computer to create a resume for her and I played on my phone because I nothing else to do. Then 4pm Sarah had her induction ceremony so I made my way across campus to be there for her, because that’s what best friends are for! Once the ceremony was over we hung out with her mom and her grandparents who had also come to the event for a little while before we made our way back to the apartment to have some dinner. Then we did homework and ate our dinner before the rest of our roommates came back to the apartment. Then we watched them play Disney Trivia which was really entertaining, but the best part was when we got out the Harry Potter Scene It game and we played two games and I dominated both of them with no trouble at all. I’m a bit of a Harry Potter nerd so playing that game is a piece of cake for me! Then after that they didn’t want to play with me anymore so Sarah and I settled in to watch 19 Kids and Counting and Our Little Family, which are our normal Tuesday night shows. Once those were over we all got ready for bed because let’s face it after waking up at 5:30 in the morning it’s hard to not fall asleep around 10pm!

I hope y’all have had a great St. Patrick’s Day, and now it’s time for me to go to bed before I pass out in my desk chair!


Thank y’all so much for reading xoxo Lashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment