Thursday, January 29, 2015

Day Twenty-Nine: 29 January 2015

Hello you wonderful people,

So today had the potential to be a great day but it went in the complete opposite direction! I woke up and did my normal routine and I got dressed up for my presentation that I had to give this morning. I was looking really cute with my curled hair and my mint green top with a chunky necklace to add some more color. Then I went through all my classes like normal, and when I gave my presentation I did great and I was able to keep it in the time limit my professor had set for us. Then I went to lunch and ate my usual salad, and then I headed off to work. When I was work I changed into a pair of jeans because I did not want to wear my dress pants any longer and I put on my brown boots. I looked adorable. I was smiling and laughing with my friends and having a pretty good time. Then once I left work to go to my doctor’s appointment the day took a turn for the worse. It took me forever to get to my appointment I barely showed up on time for it, and once I was taken into a room I was handed a depression questionnaire and I had to rate myself on a scale of 0-3, 0 being never and 3 being every day, based on certain situations and characteristics. I answered 3 to all of them but one of them which I gave a 1. It made me realize how depressed I really am, and how bad it has gotten from the last time I was seen for my depression. Then when the doctor came to talk to me she went over all the precautions about getting on medication and how she thought that it would be best for me to be on them since I had been on them previously. I agreed and she called me in a prescription for my new medication which is the same one I have previously taken. I thanked her and I left after making my follow up appointment for three months from now. I made my way to my house to grab something for dinner since it was close to 6pm and I was waiting for my prescription to be filled but I was determined to leave by 6:30. So I talked to my mom for a few minutes, ate some dinner, and washed my hair. Right at 6:30 I got back in my car and drove towards school even though my medication wasn’t ready yet, I decided I will just get it tomorrow when I go home for the weekend. Then as I'm crossing the James River Bridge on my way to school, we come to a complete stop and we stayed at a complete stop for an hour and a half. There apparently was a really bad accident that was blocking both lanes. Needless to say I started panicking. I still hadn’t typed up the outline of the first 9 chapters of my book and it was due to be submitted by 11:59 pm and not a minute later. I had a complete mental breakdown in the car which included hysterical crying and hyperventilating. I didn’t know what I was going to do if I didn’t get my outline submitted in time, and I couldn’t fathom the thought of receiving a zero for the grade. Thankfully we started moving around 8:20pm and I made it back to school by 9:30 and I worked my butt off to make sure I got my outline done in time and I have now submitted it to my teacher and I can just take a deep breath and relax. It was an awful evening and I hope I never have to experience anything like that again! I’m exhausted now after this long and trying day, so I'm going to pass out in my bed very shortly!


Thanks for reading xoxo Lashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment